Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Inspiration

My inspiration for "blogging" comes from a few friends. First of all, Brandi and Kelly got me hooked on Rockstarmommy.com. Awesome blog - I read it almost every night. Then one day a couple of weeks ago, I go to that website and IT'S OVER! It's completely over. She is saying good-bye. There will be no more rockstarmommy for me. I cried for a little bit, but then got over it. However, I do still admit that I have checked back a few times just in case she has changed her mind. No luck - yet. My other inspiration has come from again - Brandi and Kelly. Brandi has a blog where she showcases her photography and Kelly has a blog where she documents things going on in her life. I really enjoy reading them, so I thought that I would give it a try.

Ok, enough about me and my blog-fever.

Poor little Adam is still sick. This is day number 6. We had visited the doctor on Monday, only to have him tell us to just continue with the Tylenol. We were instructed to bring him back in 2 days if his fever came back or if he wasn't getting any better. So, his fever went away on Monday, stayed away on Tuesday, but came back this afternoon. So, back to the doctor we went. This time the doctor ordered a chest x-ray. All I have to say about this is that I am glad that Jeff was there. He was able to go back with Adam and watch him sit in this little "torture chamber-looking" contraption. The x-ray tech ensured Jeff that it looks worse than it really is. The result: Adam has pnemonia. Now at least we have some medicine to give him and hopefully he will be feeling better very soon. It's sad to see him not act like his normal, happy, energetic self.

What I really want to share with you tonight though is how God can work in such interesting ways. I subscribe to a daily devotion email list. Everyday, I receive a devotion. (check out the link to Proverbs31 on my website) I want to share with you part of the email that I received today:

“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
God Can Handle Even My Greatest Fears, Part One
Lysa TerKeurst
Devotion (only a small section):
Do you ever fear something happening to one of your children? For most moms, this is their greatest fear. You see your teenage son drive away from your home and fear grabs your heart. You hear of another child getting diagnosed with cancer and you start asking the “what if” questions. You watch the news reports on a child that has been abducted and you hold yours just a little tighter that night. You know that children die every day from drowning, accidents, and choking and it can make you feel helpless and overly controlling all at the same time.

This section of her devotion really hits me hard. Not only with Adam being sick today, but with what everything the future holds. It is so scary to see everything going on in the world and in my very own community. I hope that God helps me find this strength and power to overcome the fear that I have. It does make a person want to hold their child so close and never let them go. I never could have imagined what it was like to be a mother until I actually became one. I remember when I was pregnant thinking what my life was going to be like. Everyone says "It will change your life." Boy, that was an understatment. Not only does it change your life, having a child takes your life, puts it in barrell, rolls the barrell down a really large hill, flips it around, turns it upside down, and then just when you think you got to the bottom of the hill, you realize that your heart has jumped out of your body and is continuing down the next hill. It is in search of that one more thing that you can do to make your child be happy, healthy and loved more than anything you have ever loved before. So what do you do when you are faced with this immense fear that something out of your control might happen to your child? How do you let go of control? I have come to realize that God does have control as long as I let him, and that is all that matters.

Ok, this is probably the longest post that I will ever do. I hope I haven't been too boring. I will be back soon with something probably way-less intense. Until then, thanks for reading. I need to sleep.

No comments: