Thursday, July 31, 2008

I will kick your A--

Today at dinner, Adam dropped the A-bomb. It was not appropriate at all, however I had to giggle a little to myself. It's so funny to hear a 30 pound 2 year old tell you that he is going to kick your butt. I'm thinking we need to start being careful of what is on the tv. However it is very hard when there is such horrible language on primetime, network television.

It's crazy how things have changed. Even cartoons are getting bad. We had Sponge Bob on the other day. That was a mistake. That cartoon is horrible. First of all, it is annoying. Secondly, they are so mean to each other on that show. On that particular episode, one of the characters said "Stupid, dumb animal." After that Adam started saying "Stupid Animal" and he says it still today. Drives me crazy. The other thing that annoys me about Sponge Bob is that it is on ALL OF THE TIME! Oh, and another thing is that it makes no sense. You are telling me that there is some sponge that lives in the ocean and has a creepy pink friend (Patrick, I think?). What in the world is Patrick anyway? Uugh. I would rather watch Caillou for 10 hours straight than watch Sponge Bob for 5 minutes. And for those of you who know how I feel about Caillou understand how huge of a statement that is. Ok, I'm done.

Right now it is 10:35 and Adam is upstairs in bed singing Old McDonald. It doesn't sound like he is going to fall asleep anytime soon...

2 comments:

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

It is so sad the way television is today, but I am with you, it does make you giggle a little. You just have to teach them what is appropriate language and what is not. You can never shield them completely as much as we would love to..... Adam is always so quite and innocent to me, I guess that is why this made me giggle. He is so smart and darling.

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

Oh and remember that little girl on You Tube.... still makes me laugh my head off.