Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's 9:30 and all is calm

For the first time in a LONG time, it is 9:30 and I am in bed ready to go to sleep. If you were to ask me when the last time I was ready for bed at this time, my best guess would be that it was before Adam was born. Today Adam and Dad had a busy day. It was so nice out that they pretty much stayed outside all afternoon and played. So busy in fact, that there was no time for a nap. Now every once and awhile, we skip naps and Adam still goes to bed around his normal time (which I hate to admit is around 10:00pm - maybe 9:30 if we're lucky). Anyway, Adam must have been so worn out that at 7:30 tonight, he was sitting quietly on Jeff's lap just zoning out. By 8:00, he was out. Jeff got a little snuggle time in with him and we put him to bed at 8:30. Jeff and I were so excited that we didn't know what to do. So what would any normal married couple do with this quiet, alone time?? DAIRY QUEEN, OF COURSE!! I enjoyed myself a mint oreo blizzard that I didn't have to share with anyone. Jeff got a peanut buster parfait which he normally doesn't get to enjoy because of Adam's allergy to peanuts. Oh, what a wonderful evening it was. As long as Adam doesn't wake up at 11:00 tonight thinking that he was just taking a nap, we will be in good shape.

Well, off to bed I go. Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

My blessed family said...

Hi Carrie, I love reading your blog. Hey I didnt know Adam was allergic to peanuts. How bad is it? You know my daughter is allergic to any milk or egg products. You get used to it, but the thing that is hard her allergys are so severe that anyone who has any egg or milk products on their hands or face or touched a table and it was cleaned she breaks out in Hives and starts having a reaction. I keep praying the she will be healed of this. It really affects your daily life. I will keep Adam in my prayers also.