Friday, May 2, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus

The other day I was driving to work grooving to the tunes that were playing on the cd player. (Picture me grooving - it was awesome!) Anyway, I got about half way to work when I suddenly realized that I was "grooving" to Adam's KinderMusik cd. This cd consists of songs like "The Wheels on the Bus" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad."

This has got to be a sure sign that I have officially become the mother of a toddler. The saddest part of the whole thing was how long it took for me to realize what I was listening to. I was actually enjoying singing along to these songs. Now don't get me wrong, Adam and I love to sing these songs together. I even turn the wipers on when we sing about the wipers going wash, wash, wash and I honk the horn when we sing about the horn going beep, beep, beep (which I am sure everyone we are going past just loves). It's just that things are a little different when your 2 year old is not with you and you are singing those songs. I quickly turned the cd off and put the Bob and Tom Show on. I needed something totally opposite of KinderMusik and you can't get much more opposite than the Bob and Tom Show.

So, if you ever pull up beside me while I am driving and you see me singing, I will probably be singing about the Wheels on the Bus. If you can see in the backseat and see that Adam is not there, please try to get my attention and bring me back to reality. If Adam is in the backseat, feel free to honk your horn and turn on your wipers, and join in. Trust me - it's a great time!

P.S. - I have a feeling that there are other moms and dads out there reading this that have done the same thing - Admit it!

No comments: