Friday, May 30, 2008

Someone give me some Tums, please!

Holy cow! Tonight has been one of the most annoying, frustrating nights EVER. I do not know what Grandma gave Adam today, but I do know that it must have included sugar, caffeine, and more sugar. Adam was so wound up this evening, I wanted to pull my hair out. It started about 15 minutes after we got home. All he did was run around, mess with things that he shouldn't and not listen. First, he had his normal 2 minute time out. Then there was another 2 minute time out - followed by another. Finally I got so frustrated, I made him sit in time out for 5 minutes which ended up being about 10 because he wouldn't sit still and be quiet. I was so happy to see Jeff when he got home.

After a little bit, Adam got distracted (for only about 5 minutes) and I was just sitting on the floor - not knowing if I should cry, laugh, or scream. Then I realized that my stomach was in knots. I was so stressed that my nerves were shot. I was finished. Then Adam got bored with whatever it was he was doing and he started climbing on me. I decided at that point that I might as well give up. There really is no hope anymore. Adam is 2 1/2 now and I think that it is only going to get worse.

2 comments:

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

Sad thing is you are so right, but you have to enjoy them when they are little and living life to it's fullest.....Adam is such a doll, I can't even see him being the least bit ornery

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

Girl, it is June already, where have you been?