Monday, June 9, 2008

This is my life

I know, I know it has been a few days (ok, maybe more than a few) since I have posted. I have a valid excuse, although maybe it is not the greatest. Ever since Adam got his big boy bed, either Jeff or I have had to lay with him when we lay him down. So, during my normal time when I can get on the Internet, I have probably been laying in bed with Adam. The good news is though, that for the last 4 nights, he has slept all night without getting out of bed. We normally lay with him until he falls asleep, and then around 3-4:00 am, we hear his feet hit the floor and then the stairs start creaking. However, the last 4 nights have been good. No middle-of-the-night carrying him back up to bed. Right now, Jeff is upstairs laying with him. So, here I am. I am also enjoying Nashville Star. By the way - where is Tony Marques??? http://www.tonymarques.com/ He should totally be on here. He would win - right Kelly?? Love it.

So, what has been going on in our life you ask - not a whole lot. Just work and home. Jeff is working really long hours on the weekends, so Adam and I just hang out. I am starting to teach a Sunday School class at church for the summer. Last Sunday was my first day, but next Sunday will be my official first day when I will be on my own. It will be a great experience and I am really looking forward to it. So that's my news. Jeff has just been working hard and lovin every minute of it (not really). I would love for him to get a new job. These long days are not good on him. He gets little sleep, but he is always a good sport about it.

Adam is being a little (a lot) ornery. Jeff swears he doesn't act like this when I am not around. So apparently, I bring it out in him. For the life of me, I cannot get him to listen. He constantly plays with things that we ask him not to. I think I had a small breakthrough this evening though. He thought it would be funny to throw all of his Alphabet magnet pieces on the floor. Then he started banging the cabinet doors. He sat in time out, and then I asked him if he would pick up the magnets - and he actually did it! I about fell over I was so surprised.

If you don't believe me that he is being a little stinker. Check out this picture. Earlier this evening, I was in the other room and walked into the living room and found Adam there holding this:Yes - that's sunblock. All over our carpet. If you look really closely, you will see the smile on his face. He thought it was pretty funny. Jeff and I didn't agree. I guess that you live and you learn. Don't leave a bottle of sunblock within a 2 year old's grasp.

Other than the sunblock incident, we did have one other funny thing happen. We had a little visitor to the neighborhood this evening.


There was a little deer that just walked through our yard and then through all of the neighbor's yards. He enjoyed a little taste of the neighbor's rhubarb and the corn she has sitting out the squirrels.

So that brings you up to date. Hopefully the next time I post will be before Adam graduates high school!! :)

1 comment:

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

I love the sunblock picture. Don't they say Boys will be Boys. ha ha. The lil' dear is awesome. I miss having little creatures in my yard now that I am in the middle of town.