Thursday, June 26, 2008

What does a 2-year old eat?

Lately, Adam has become much more picky about what he will eat. He used to be great about eating his vegetables and fruits. He would pretty much eat anything we gave him. Now, for some reason eating is becoming much more of a challenge. His menu is limited. He pretty much wants to go to McDonald's and eat chicken nuggets and french fries. We are trying to limit the fast food, so McDonald's usually isn't an option. Other that that, he would love to eat cookies, cake, and Curious George snacks (gummy fruit snacks) for every meal. Oh wait, he also eats pancakes. How could I forget about that?

So last night, we all went to the store. I was in the cat food aisle and spotted some cat treats. I thought - Well, I don't treat the cat the nicest, maybe I should get him some treats. I asked Adam if we should get the cat some treats. That was my first mistake. I said the word "treat". All through the rest of the store Adam kept saying that he wanted a kitty treat. I thought that he would forget about it by the time that we got home, but I wasn't so lucky. When we got home, we had all of the bags sitting on the floor and he started looking through them trying to find these treats. So I think - Well he thinks he wants a treat. Maybe I should let him have one. So I open the bag and hand one to Adam. (Second mistake) I told him to smell it thinking that there is no way he will stick it in his mouth after he smells it. Wrong again. He put it in his mouth, chewed it and the swallowed it. He actually ate the treat and wanted another one because it was "yummy". Of course I didn't give him another one. So apparently Adam likes Salmon and Tuna flavored cat treats. Who would've guessed?

No comments: