Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's been one of those days

Maybe it's the fact that it is Thursday and the week is almost over. Maybe it's the fact that the weather is crappy out. Maybe it's the fact that I am tired and just wanting to relax. More likely - God is testing my patience. Adam is usually a very well behaved little boy. Sure he has his moments, but normally he is a joy to be around with very little problems.

Tonight has been something else. We have KinderMusik every week. Usually it is on Tuesdays but this week it was moved to Thursday. We thought that it would be fun for Grandma and Grandpa attend KinderMusik with us tonight. That didn't work out as well as expected. While it was very nice to have them watch, that is all Adam could concentrate on. They ended up leaving after it got started. I felt really bad, but they were understanding. Jeff's mom is probably the most compassionate person I have ever met and his dad probably takes the award for the most patient person on the face of the planet. However, no offense to them or anyone else - we will probably not be inviting anyone else to KinderMusik again.

The evening just went downhill from there. At least it seemed like it at the time. Honestly as I sit here typing this tonight - I realize that Adam didn't really act up the rest of the night. I feel bad now thinking that he was being bad. He was just being 2. He wanted to jump, run, climb, and play. I wanted to relax, relax, relax, and relax. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't going to happen. The more I think about it, the more I think that I really need to cherish this time when he wants me to play with him. One of these days before I know it, he will want to go to his room, shut the door and have nothing to do with Jeff or me. Those will be the days that I get to relax. At least, that is what I am hoping.

No comments: