Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thank goodness for girlfriends

Tonight was our monthly "girls night out" night. We visited a wine tasting shop in downtown Ft. Madison. It was a very quaint setting with hardwood floors, brick walls and dark red-painted tin ceilings. They feature wines from local vineyards. It is called Meier's Den. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I am usually not a wine type of person, but did find a couple that I really did enjoy. In fact, I bought 2 bottles to bring home. Now, those same 2 bottles will probably be here next year at this same time - but that's ok.

The best part of the evening was spending a couple of hours with friends. I love spending time with Jeff and Adam, but there is nothing like spending time with other "girls". We just get to laugh and be silly. A few of us do not know each other as well so it is great getting to know them. It is also awesome to get to keep in touch with others who you know pretty well but do not get to talk to as much as you would like. We had a great time and I can't wait until next month.

When I got home, Adam and Jeff were looking out the bathroom window on the second floor. Adam was yelling out the window to me that he went poopy. What a wonderful thing to come home to. Now if he had only meant that he went poopy in the big boy potty - THAT would have been something to be yelling from the window. One of these days it will happen, we just don't know when.

No comments: