Sunday, September 27, 2009

Is she an Angel?

Wow. To see the world through a child's eyes would have to be the most refreshing thing a person could do. If we could all do that, especially when things seem confusing or difficult, I think we would have an awesome perspective. Innocence is just amazing.

Yesterday Adam, Jacob, and I went to the park. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. There were a couple of birthday parties going on in the shelter house and then in the large room, there was a wedding reception. As Adam was playing, I saw the bride walking out in her pretty white dress. I said to Adam, "Look at that pretty lady." He just stared at her and asked, "Is she an angel?" I kind of laughed a little and said, "I don't know. Maybe we should go ask her." He agreed. We got up to go ask her but then she started talking to some of her guests so I figured we better leave her alone. Why would she want some strangers bothering her? It made me think about seeing things through a child's eyes. I wonder why Adam would even think that this is what an angel looks like. I wish that I could look at someone and truly believe they are an angel like Adam did. I think we can learn so much from children. I know mine teach me something pretty much everyday. For instance, last night I learned that if you run down your block with your 3-year old at 8:30 at night people are going to open their doors and wonder what in the heck you are doing. Who would've thought!!

No comments: