Sunday, August 17, 2008

A mommy moment

I do not know who it was that told me, or where I heard it from, but there is one piece of advice that I have received as a mom that I think is probably the best advice that any parent could ever receive. The advice - Always take the time to watch your child sleep. Out of all of the advice that I have gotten (which has been A LOT), I think that is possibly the best.

Yesterday afternoon, I layed Adam down for a nap and decided to lay with him for a little bit. He did his usual - singing, talking, rolling around - but then he got quiet and drifted off to sleep. Next thing I know I am laying there next to him just watching him sleep. He looked so peaceful. I just think that at the moments when I want to pull my hair out and scream, I just need to remember how he looks when he sleeps. All of the smiles, frowns, sounds, and movements that he makes is just priceless. I probably could have watched him for hours.

So this is my advice (well not really MY advice) that I am passing on. No matter what age your child is, I truly believe that you should take time to watch them sleep. It will be well worth your time.

1 comment:

My blessed family said...

That is so true. I watch Kaeley sleep also, and it is so sweet. Even after a hard day you do forget about it all and remember how precious they are. Just like when you have a baby and go through all the pain of labor as soon as you hold it, you forgot it all.