Friday, January 23, 2009

3 Weeks to go

So, I am on the countdown for weeks now. Pretty soon, I will be on the countdown with days. Scary to think about. Everybody keeps asking me if I am ready. Honestly, I don't feel ready and I don't think that Jeff does either. Time has gone by so fast. I don't know how anyone could really be READY for a new baby. Physically - yes, I am ready. Mentally - not so much. How is this new baby going to change our lives? How can we possibly love another child as much as we love our first. I know that we will, but it is hard to imagine.

My appointment this week was a little scary. When the midwife measured me, she seemed concerned that I was measuring small for how far along that I am. Last week, I measured at 36, this week I measured at 33 and should be at 37. So, she hustled me a long for an ultrasound right away to check my fluid. It was a little scary, but everything is fine. The fluid is low, but still within the normal range. I just have instructions to get plenty of fluids. She just said that it is probably because I have been sick and taking Benadryl. So, no worries.

Hopefully, next week's visit will be uneventful. I will keep you posted.

No comments: