Saturday, February 20, 2010

Num, num, Give me cake!

Jacob turned one year old on Wednesday! Let me repeat myself: Jacob turned one year old on Wednesday! How is this possible? I am still remembering very vividly the day/night he was born. I know everyone says this, but it is so true: Time just goes by so fast! We had a party for Jacob on the Sunday before his birthday (on Valentine's Day). My good friend Stacey made him a darling giant cupcake. He loved it!

Brandi took his pictures on Tuesday night. I attempted to make a giant cupcake (I ordered the mold because I am such a baker and thought I could do it myself). Turns out I am not as awesome as I thought I was because my cupcake just fell apart. Apparently you are supposed to let the cake cool down before you try to take it out of the mold. Who knew? Anyway, I kind of improvised and just frosted the bottom portion. It didn't matter much because he knew what to do and just dug right in. He is hysterical.

Jacob gets tubes put in on Monday. Thank goodness. He has pretty much had an ear infection since October. Never gets over them! I am hoping they work and he starts to feel better soon!

No comments: