Tuesday, November 25, 2008

3 Fast Years

Tomorrow is Adam's third birthday. While it seems like it was just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital, it also seems like ages. He is excited for his birthday. Me on the other hand just think about how time is getting away from us. Everyone always says that you have to enjoy this time. I understand that, but am sure I will have a better appreciation for that advice as Adam gets older. It is hard for me to think about how else to enjoy this time. What will I wish that I would have done differently when I look back 5, 10, or 20 years from now? Will I wish that we would have gone on more vacations? Maybe it will be that we should have taken those swimming lessons or gone to story time more. I don't know. I have a feeling it will be the things like turning off the tv and playing games together, or sitting at the dinner table having silly conversations or playing at the park at every opportunity (even if I have a million other things that I need to get done around the house).

I think I am enjoying everything now, but I know there will be things when I look back and wish I would have appreciated them more. If anyone has any great advice - please share.

When you have a second, you should check out this song by Mark Harris called "Find Your Wings". I love it. It really talks about how I feel right now. It is great. I hope you enjoy it also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnA1XhEcROA

In the mean time, while I am trying to enjoy Adam - I also have what feels like an alien in my stomach! We are reaching the time that when it moves around, my stomach moves around and it feels like it's about to reach through my stomach. This is my favorite thing about being pregnant. I love feeling the baby move and watch it move around in my stomach. It cracks me up. Jeff loves it to. It just kind of blows our minds.

I will post more with birthday pictures.

2 comments:

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

Happy Birthday Adam. I hope you have a perfect day.....

Kelly said...

I love the song Carrie, it brought tears to my eyes. I wish I could remember it forever. That is certainly what I pray for.